It is that time of year again when we send the young out into the world--the poor things. LOL My youngest nephew graduated from high school this month. My brother asked if I could make an announcement for him. I thought I could give it a try. Here is the announcement that I made in Photoshop Elements.
I also needed a Graduation card for him. Still trying to think of a nice gift....... His party is in July, so I still have time to come up with something. Here is the card.
Stamps: Sense of Time, Aged to Perfection, Itty Bitty Backgrounds--Retired Stampin' Up sets
Ink: Jet Black, Rusty Brown, Saddle Brown --Stazon
CS: White, Black, Orange
Brads: black and orange
mono printing Plate
Acrylic Paints: white, brown, red, and yellow
- Make a card from orange CS
- Use a mono printing Plate to mono print the background---to see a tutorial on how I use the mono printing Plate, go here. Note: I only brayered on the ink and did not press anything into the paint for this background.
- Cut the background to size and add a layer of black CS
- Begin stamping with the clock face in Jet Black ink. I used Stazon inks as I was stamping on paint
- Stamp the gears and other stamped elements
- Use the Itty Bitty Background stamp to add the dots in black and brown inks
- Add three brads to the upper corner of the background
- Add the wire wrapping around to the back side and secure with a Zot
- Attached the stamped background piece to the card base with Zots 3-D dots
- Stamp the sentiment on a leftover piece of the background
- Layer with black CS and add to the card front
- On the inside, do a bit more stamping and add another sentiment---This one is from DRS Designs
Ans now, how about a few challenges for my Grad Card!!!
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: anything goes
Crafty catz: anything goes
Stamping for the Weekend: anything goes
Ruby's Rainbow: stamping
Scribbles Designs: say it with a sentiment
Lori's Mandarin Orange Photo art
I hope you enjoying summer!! We are having great weather here in Michigan. I was out in the yard today watering and weeding. Put in a few more tomato plants that I had left over. I bought a few too any. So I just tucked them in here and there in some of the flower beds. Not sure what I will do this weekend. My husband will be busy with his band--playing at the country club. Maybe I can get some cards made!! Have a super day! See you next time. Love ya.