April 2 update: The Blog Hop Winner is PK SEWS!
You have arrived at Karen's blog:
Welcome to the Lost Coast Design/Stencil Girl Blog Hop!!
The Design Teams of Lost Coast Design and Stencil Girl have joined forces to bring you lots of inspiration and project ideas!
We have all made projects using Stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Stencils from Stencil Girl.
Visit all the blogs along the hop and leave a comment! All commenters will be entered in a drawing and one lucky commenter will win:
Two 9 x 12" Stencils from Stencil Girl And $25 Gift Certificate from Lost Coast Designs
Hoppers will have one week to leave comments (Until Sunday, March 30). The more comments--the better the chances of winning the prize package. The winner will be announced April 2
*****For my project, I used a Stencil (Gigi D150) and a Gelli Plate to make backgrounds. I then used the paper to make a cover for an accordion book which I decorated with lots of Lost Coast stamps. I also made a tag incase I want to give this as a gift. Take a look at the finished projects.
Stamps: All from Lost Coast Designs--
Stencil Girl Stencil --Gigi S150
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk, Toffee Crunch, Espresso Truffle
Archival Jet Black and Coffee
CS: Cream and white
mono printing Plate
Martha Stewart Edge Punch
Ribbons, lace, bakers twine, gold elastic cording
I will start by showing how I made the background papers with the Gig Stencil and mono printing Plate
- Brayer acrylic paints onto the mono printing Plate--I used red, white, and brown
- Press the Stencil into the paint
- Press a full sheet of White CS onto the mono printing Plate. Run your hand across the entire surface to pick up all the paint
- Lift the paper from the mono printing Plate
Look at the gorgeous papers!! I usually make a stack since I have a big mess anyway. Be sure to wash the paint off the stencils!!
Select your favorite piece of the paper. I found this book pattern in the, "Mini Books". I changed the size a bit. Here are the measurements I used.
- Cut the paper 5.5" x 10"
- Score the piece at 3", 3.25", 6.75", 7"
- Cut the corners off one end
- On the opposite end, cut a slit in the paper about 1.5" from the edge and .75" from the top and bottom
- Fold on the score lines and it will look like this
- When closed the cut end will slip inside the slit
- Make the pages from Cream CS: Cut Two at 5.25" x 9.75"
- Score each at 3.25" and 6.5"
- Fold like an accordion
- Over lap the ends and glue securely
- Decorate the cover and pages with stamping: use the Archival ink on the paint surfaces.
- Stamp The Divas with dye ink on Cream CS and cut out the images
- Use smaller pieces of the background papers to decorate the pages
- Let you imagination go!!
- To keep a unified look use stamps with the same theme--like the Divas here
- I stamped the same Mums border in the same color ink on all the pages to tie everything together
- Add bits of ribbon and lace, some bakers twine too
- When pages are all decorated, glue to the center of the cover and fold in the pages
- Add some colored paper to inside of the cover if desired--Make sure to cut the slit in the colored paper too.
- Fold the cover closed tucking in the flap. I added a piece of gold elastic cord.
Now, continue on the hop by visiting Leslie Tucker Jenison's Blog and checking out her great project!!
Don't forget to leave a comment!
Blog Hop Roll
Thanks for visiting!! Hope you have fun looking at all the other fab projects!!!