Let's get shabby today--Shabby Chic that is! I picked up some new stamps the other day from Pink Persimmon. Some of them are vintage in nature---are you suprised??!! This stamp is called Misses' Apron. I could not wait to ink up this lovely vintage apron image. I already made two cards with the stamp. I will share the second card later in the week. So, let's look at today's card.
Stamp: Misses' Apron-Pink Persimmon
CS: White, Kraft -TPC, Textured Brown -Bazzill
Ink: Mushroom - Adirondak to stamp with
Distress Inks: Anitque Linen, Frayed Burlap
Distress Markers: Antique Linen, Old Paper
Ribbon: Black- Stampin' Up
Black Bakers Twine
- Make a 4.25 x 4.75" card from Kraft CS
- Stamp the Aprons on White CS
- Color Aprons with Distress Markers
- Tear out and distress the edges with Distress inks
- Layer onto a torn piece of textured Brown CS
- Glue two peices of Lace to the edge of the card base--I used Farbri-Tac glue for the fibers
- Glue the stamped piece down onto the card base
- Add the Black ribbon covering the edges of the laces
- Wrap twine around card and tie in knot
- Add the buttons
Great image! I can use this card for a note to a friend, thinking of you, or a just saying Hello kind of card.
*************How about a few challenges??!
Crafting by Design: anything goes
House of Cards: cute or Shabby Chic + buttons
Perfectly Rustic: shades of one color
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything goes
Dream Valley: vintage
Eceltic Ellapu: vintage
Fashionable Stampers: anything goes
Next up in Dreamland: I will have the second Card made with the Apron Stamp. It is a white on white with lots of textures and layers. So, stay tuned for that! I hope your day is going well! I better get a move on and make a bit of dinner! See you soon. Love ya.