I have had a busy week! I am still making the cards for Operation Write Home and Card Care Connections. I have not photographed any of the cards yet, but will share pics with you when I have them. I have over 100 cards now!!
Lost Coast Design is partnering with Stencil Girl for an exciting blog hop on March 24!!!! There will be lots of projects by the Design Teams from Lost Coast Designs and Stencil Girl!! And Prizes!! Stayed tuned for that on Monday!!
I do have a card for you today too! I made a mini card using a pretty silhouette stamp from Lost Coast Designs. I wanted something that would attach to a gift bag. So I made this long and narrow card --about 2.5 x 5 inches. Take a look.
Ink: Rhubarb Stalk Memento
Distress Stains: Picket Fence, Worn Lipstick, and Tarnished Brass
CS: Almost Amethyst, Barely Banana, Perfect Plum - Stampin' Up
Liquid Pearls: Pale pink
Corner Rounder punch
Pale Purple Tulle
- Make a long narrow card from Barely Banana textured CS
- Round corners of each layer
- Distress the edges with Worn Lipstick Stain
- Stamp the Silhouette Angel with Rhubarb Stalk ink on Amethyst CS
- Stamp the Iron Work Border stamp with Worn Lipstick Stain.
- Add smudges of Picket Fence and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains
- Layer stamped piece with Perfect Plum CS
- Add to card base
- Punch a hole in upper corner
- Tie the ribbon through the hole
- Add a line of glue to the back of the card and press a strip of tulle into the glue pleating as you go
- Add a piece of scrap CS to the back of card to cover the glue and tulle edges
- Apply the Perfect Pearls to the edges of each layer
- Add a few drops of Perfect Pearls in the corners--Let the Perfect Pearls dry.
A few fun challenges for my Angel Mini Card:
The Shabby Tea Room: anything goes
Crafting for all Seasons: no Designer Papers
Crafting by Design: use a ribbon
Aurora Wings: anything goes
Created with Love: girly
4 Krafty Girlz: anything goes
Happy first Day of Spring!! We are getting some Spring-like weather...it is not snowing! LOL! Well, it was 49 degrees (F) yesterday. I can see the ground now too as a lot of the snow has melted. Can't wait for the plants to start growing! I hope you are having a lovely Spring day!!