Only a few days until Christmas. I think I will be baking cookies tomorrow. I have to make a list and head over to grocery store and pick up the baking items. And, I need a few last minute gifts too. Hope I can get it all done! Well, today's post is very un-Christmasey. I made a floral card with a painted background. I used stamps from Blockheads Paper Arts.
Stamps: Flower Garden and Verses- Special Delivery both from Blockheads Stamps
Cinnamon Versa Color Pigment
Royal Satin Kaleidacolor Pad
Various Spray inks
Pine Needles Distress Marker
Orange Embossing Powder
Blank Canvas (White) Studio Paint
Cardstock: White, Peach and light pink
- Make a card base from light pink CS
- On the peach CS paint on the Blank Canvas paint in broad strokes and let dry
- Spray the same piece with gold, red, and peach spray inks and let dry
- Stamp the large Calendula flower with pigment ink and heat emboss with orange powder
- Color the leaves with Pine Needles Marker
- Sponge ink from the Royal Satin pad on the edges and arond the leaves
- Add to card front
- Stamp the image again on White CS with the Royal Satin Kaleidacolor pad
- Cut out three flowers
- Ink edges with the Royal Satin pad
- Add to card front with 3D Zots
- Add three Rhinestones
- On the inside stamp a sentiment and the flowers with the Royal Satin Pad.
Challenges for my Warm and Sunny floral card:
365 Cards: color scheme
Sweet Stampin: seeing double
Crafts 4 Eternity: anything goes
Craft room door: anything goes
Lady Anne's: anything goes
Now we have a nice card for a special someone. This would be great for a thank you card too. And , will help us think of warmer days. We have a light dusting of snow now and I wanted to make something warm and sunny.
See you tomorrow with a Christmas card. Have a great day. Love ya. Have to run and get busy on that shopping list.