Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shabby Chic with Some Perfect Pearls, Some Crackle Paint, and a Flower

Hi Dreamers!
Oh boy, I have been having fun with my new Perfect Pearls supplies and some Distress Crackle Paint (on sale now at Blockheads Paper Arts).  Sounds like a strange combination doesn't it!??  My thought process went like this...Colleen (fellow DT member) made a cool card using Crackle Paint.  So, then I had to paint everything with Crackle Paint.  I painted some die cut pieces and thought they turned out really good.  I used a crackle painted butterfly and a frame on this project.    The background was created with stamps and Perfect Pearls.  Paint the die cuts with Rock Candy Crackle Paint (Ranger) first.  Let it dry  The paint has to air dry or it won't crackle.



 Stamp used:                                         Large Flower Vignette
Backgrounds and Borders
Naughty Pets: Lines image 

Background


While the Crackle Paint is drying make the background.  Start out with a pale pink CS.  Stamp the Script and Lines stamps with Perfect Medium.  I also used an old, inexpensive rust colored ink pad to ink onto the stamp over the Perfect Medium.  This added more depth to the stamping.  I used an old one so I would not get Perfect  Medium on a good ink pad.  After stamping, sprinkle Blush Perfect Pearls Powder over the background.  Use a brush to "push" the powder into the inks and remove excess.    Distress the edges of the cardstock with a pair of scissors.  Really rough it up.  I wanted a shabby chic feel.    Now we can make the center motif.




 Stamp the Large Flower Vignette with Raisin Adirondack Ink (Ranger)  on tan CS.  Spray with Green Patina Perfect Pearls Mist.   Assemble all the pieces.  Layer the background onto a distressed piece of Rust CS.  Add the main stamped image.  Glue the frame over the top of the flower.  Don't glue it down flat.  Let some of the edges remain up.  We want a really shabby chic look.  Add the butterfly.  Add a few squirts of the Green Patina Perfect Pearls Mist to the whole piece.  Add two small pearls to the flower.
Don't forget the fibers!



I braided three strips of cotton print fabric.  Tie a knot in one end and pin to a design board or your ironing board will work too- something that you can get a pin into.   And, just braid, like you would braid hair.  When you have the desired length, tie another knot and trim the ends.   Glue onto the card.  



There!  We are all done.  Wasn't that fun!!   I am displaying my shabby chic piece on an end table in my living room.  I placed it on a small easel.





Stayed tuned for more Perfect Pearls.  I have a glittery peacock card to share with you in a few days.   Hope you have a Blessed Easter Day.  Love ya.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Karen, this turned out beautifully! Love that crackly butterfly, and I didn't even know about that floral vignette image before now. I love it!

    Thanks so much for the shout-out, too. Don't you just want to crackle EVERYthing now?? LOL

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too, Karen! The colors are heavenly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Karen and those products sound like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty piece and that floral image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.