Saturday, April 28, 2012

Emboss Resist Technique Challenge with Blockheads

Hi Dreamers!
Busy week here.  I will be taking a nice long vacation in May and have been trying to work ahead a bit.  I will schedule some posts to go live while I'm gone so you won't miss out on any craftiness.  Today's post is to announce the new Technique Challenge with Blockheads Paper Arts.  This month, Colleen has chosen the Emboss Resist Technique.  Since Mother's Day is fast approaching, I used the mother and baby stamp from the Grunge Collage Half Sheet.


Here is my Mother's Day card.



Materials List:
Stamps: Grunge Collages, Sentiments are from the Flowers-Daisies Half Sheet
Inks: Black Pigment
Onyx Black Versafine
Cappuccino Delight Kaleidacolor Pad
CS: Tan, Black, Brown, and Blue
Tools: Stipple Brush
Clear Embossing Powder-Ranger
Ribbons, Pearls, and Lace


Following the Emboss Resist Technique instructions, I stamped  the main image on tan CS with Black Pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  I used a stipple brush to add the ink to the stamped piece.  Dab the brush on the Kaleidacolor Pad and pounce the brush onto the CS.  Repeat until all the CS is covered with ink.  By using the Kaleidacolor Pad, gradation of color occurs automatically.  Too fun!



The rest of the card is a breeze from here.  Make the card base from brown CS.  Layer the stamped piece with black and blue CS.  Add some lace and ribbon.  Stamp the sentiment with Onyx Black ink on a scrap of the stippled CS.  Never throw out the scraps.  LOL  Layer the sentiment with black and blue CS and add to card front.  Add the pearls.  Almost done now.  But, don't forget the inside!



Stamp the sentiment with Onyx Black and add the stippling.  Layer away and now we are done.  I have plenty of room to write a nice note.

This is such a versatile technique and of course I could not make just one.  I will share the other with you in a short while.  I will schedule that one for you to look at while I am on vacation.  Oh, I guess I can give you a sneaky peeky.


What do you think??  Now, don't forget that you have to copy and paste the linky thing at the bottom of your Technique Challenge project.  It is very easy.  Just go to the Blockheads web page Tutorial and copy the HTML and paste it onto the bottom of your post.  There are prizes and lots of fun.     So have fun and let's see your creation!!


I also would like to enter my card in the Simon Says Stamp Anything goes Challenge!!

Have a super weekend!  Love ya.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Karen, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love that image and the stippled background is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this turned out beautifully! Love the rosy orange hue behind the image. And that little sneak peek you gave? That looks sooooooo gorgeous, even just that tiny little bit I see! Thanks for playing in my farewell challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, love the depth of colour you achieved.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Karen! I love your colour combo and that sneaky peek card is going to be GORGEOUS, I can tell ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.