Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Borders into Backgrounds

Hi Dreamers!
It has been a busy week, but I am back today with some more card making fun!  All of the designers on the Blockheads Team are going mad for border stamps this week.  Each of us has come up with some really interesting and different ways to use Border Stamps from Lost Coast Designs .    I used one of the borders to create a striped background.  Any one of the border stamps could be used in this way.  I added some of the Alice in Wonderland images to my cards.  So here we go with the first card!  I call this one "Alice Ponders".



Materials list:
Stamps: Alice and Border from Lost Coast Designs
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks -
Fired Brick
Victorian Velvet
Tattered Roses
Black Memories Dye Ink
Card Stock: Pink, Cherry, Medium Pink, Black, and White
Spellbinders dies
Paper Flowers
Ribbon

I stamped the border stamp in a group of three coordinating ink colors.  I used a Pink/Red combo for my projects.  But, I also tried the Distress ink green and brown color groups and that looked great too.  I plan on using that in future projects.    I stamped from dark to light.  After stamping (and it took several tries to get the rows straight-LOL) I trimmed the CS to fit my dark cherry colored card base.


Alice was stamped on Pink CS with Black Memories dye ink.  Die cut Alice and a piece of dark cherry CS with Spellbinders Oval dies.  I added three paper flowers and a white satin ribbon.    I also decorated the inside.   I used  my scraps here.



This card could be used for a birthday, TOY, hello, or anything else your heart desires.  And, now onto card number 2.



I used the same ink colors on this card, but changed the order.  I went light-med-dark-med-light.  The Queen is stamped with Fired Brick and layered with Black CS.  I added a pink polka dot ribbon that extends off the edge of the card.



Now head over and check out  all the other design team members  projects.  You will wonder how you ever lived without Border Stamps in your life.  LOL!!


 Have a great day and talk to you later!  Love ya.
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Great cards Karen - you have inspired me to look at my border stamps very differently. I am sure it will take some practice to them evenly spaced though! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, these Alice cards are fabulous! Love the pink and red borders, and you did a great job lining those puppies up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super awesome, Karen! Love the border design and those image stamps! The Queen is great! :)
    P.S. Have you linked up too on my medallion note card post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning cards Karen:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how sweet that Alice is, and what a great way to use border stamps. For some reason, borders kind of flummox me, I can't quite wrap my brain around using them to their fullest!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just discovered your blog and have enjoyed looking at some of your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And as usual Karen stuns us with HER creativity ;0) Thanks for the shout out there! LOVE LOVE LOVE your Alice inspired projects...I am the Sharpie Domino Queen and Alice is my signature logo so I should know heeheeheheeheee :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.