Whimsy is the key word for today's post. Check out this cool Mannequin stamp from Carmen's Veranda. It is oh so whimsical!! Love the effect of stamping the image with brown ink and coloring with Copic Markers.
CS: pale pink, white, and cream
Ink: Brown and pale pink dye; Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Piping (a sewing notion)
- Make a card from White or Cream CS
- Glue a narrow strip of pale pink CS on the left edge of the card base
- Stamp the Daisy Flourish about seven time on pale pink CS with pink ink covering the entire piece: add to card base
- Stamp Mannequin on white or cream CS with brown ink
- Color with Copics and distress edges with Distress ink
- Layer with brown CS and add to card base
- Add piping and lace to edge of Mannequin tucking edge of lace and piping under CS (or add ribbon as in the second example below)
Second version made with cream CS and ribbon embellishment
Just love the Daisy Flourish as a background stamp! I think it's a great way to have a custom background for my focal image.
Don't forget to check out the August Lost Coast Challenge-- Use Circles
Hope your summer is going well! And, that you find time to indulge in some creative time. See you next time! Love ya.