Time for the new Vintage Stamping Challenge blog challenge for the month of April
This month's theme is:
Add a handmade flower to your project. Your project also needs to have some stamping.
The challenge is sponsored by Flonzcraft Stamps!
I made a crocheted flower for a fun spring inspired card. I added a super cute little chicken stamp from Flonzcraft.
Stamps: Cute Chicken from Flonzcraft Stamps; Alpha Dots from My Sentiments Exactly!
Ink: Jet Black Stazon; Old Olive dye - Stampin' Up
CS: Barely Banana, Pea Pizzazz, and Strawberry Slush - Stampin' Up
DP: Stampin' Up
Leaves Die Cut - Sizzix
White Crochet thread and crochet hook
- Make a card from Strawberry Slush CS
- Add a layer of Pear Pizzazz CS and DP
- Die cut Leaves from DP and add to card
- Crochet flower using white crochet thread size 10 with a size 1 hook ( I used a pattern from the book "Flower Bouquet" by Suzann Thompson; Lark Books
- Glue the flower to the card
- Add a pearl to the center of flower
- Stamp Cute Chicken with Stazon ink on Barely Banana CS and fussy cut
- Color Chicken with markers
- Add Chicken to card with dimensional adhesive
- Stamp letters and cut or punch out
- Add letters using dimensional adhesive
- Add pearls around letters
Totally cute Chicken! This card would be great for a baby, Spring, even to just to say hello to a friend. Let's see what you can come up with for the Handmade flower Challenge! Hope you have fun with the theme!
See you soon!