I hope you had a great Holiday weekend (Memorial Day here in the USA). I worked in the yard and got quite a bit done and the garden looks much tidier now (reference how untidy on this earlier post here). I filled some pots with annuals and herbs, put in some vegetables, did more weeding, pulled out three boxwood bushes that did not make it through the bad winter we had here in Michigan, and just more general clean up.
So, on to the card making bit. It is time for a new challenge on the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge blog. I am Guest Designing this month---very fun! And, the new theme for this fortnight is:
Tag You're It!
Make a tag or add a tag to your project. FUN! Tags are so fun to make and so versatile. I added a tag to my card for this fun birthday card.
Stamps: Total Cuteness -Unity; On the inside of the card: Birthday Sentiment - My Sentiments Exactly!
CS: Calypso Coral and Very Vanilla - Stampin' Up
DP: Indie Chic - My Mind's Eye
Ink: Jet Black Stazon
Distress Ink: Mustard Seed
Tag die cut: Sizzix
Eyelet Edge Punch: Stampin' Up
Hole Punch and 2 sizes of Circle Punches
Ribbon: Peach Satin - Michaels
- Make a card from Calypso Coral CS
- Cut a rectangle for DP, punch one edge and add to card front
- Die cut tag from DP
- Distress edges of tag with Distress ink
- Punch two circles and glue over the hole area-punch a small hole and add the brad
- Stamp the Owl twice: once on Very Vanilla CS and once on Orange solid DP
- Color the Owl stamped on Very Vanilla with markers and cut out
- Cut out the Owl wings from the DP
- Add the owl to the tag with dimensional adhesive
- Add tag to card with dimensional adhesive
- Die cut a smaller tag and distress the edges with ink
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag
- Punch one small circle and glue over the hole area-punch a small hole and add the brad - as on the large tag
- Tie the ribbon around the card
- Add the small tag over the ribbon
- Decorate the inside and add the Birthday Sentiment.
*******************A few fun challenges for my Guess Who Owl Card:
Artistic Inspirations: things with wings
Cards In Envy: A2 + winged things
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes
Come and Get it: lots of layers
Sentimental Sundays: Things with wings
Simon Wednesday: anything goes
I hope you will join us for this fun challenge...I would love to see your tag project!! See you next time!! Have a great day. Love ya