I am back after a few days off. Spent Saturday shopping with my buddy, Sharon,.--Very fun. Relaxed on Sunday and got a few things ready for Card Ministry, which was Monday night. Hubby is home and not feeling well. Some kind of bug, we think. I made a big pot of chicken soup for him yesterday. That always makes him feel better.
For the month of February, the Blockheads Design Team will be showing a few ways to use Perfect Pearls. Blockheads is now carrying Perfect Pearls in the individual pots in some pretty new colors. I used Sunflower Sparkle to make a shimmery spray! And, since Valentines's day is next week, I went with a Valentine's/Love theme.
Stamps: Large Damask single (also available on the Feeling Regal Set), Love and Romance Half Sheet all from Blockheads
Inks: Onyx Black Versa Fine, Barn Door and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink: Spun Sugar Distress Re-inker
Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls
Spray bottle with water
Cardstock: red, black, white
- Make the Perfect Pearls Shimmer Spray: In a Mini Mister put a couple pinches of Perfect Pearls, three drops of Spun Sugar re-inker, and water. Shake
- Make card base from red CS
- To make the background: Ink the Large Damask stamp with Barn Door ink--spray the inked stamp with water --- just a few spritzes. Now stamp onto the white CS --gives a nice muted image.
- Distress the white CS with Frayed Burlap ink.
- Spray with the Perfect Pearls Shimmer mist and let dry or dry with heat tool.
- Stamp "Valentine" with Onyx Black ink
- Stamp heart (from Love and Romance Set) with Barn Door ink; cut out and distress with Frayed Burlap
- Add to card with dimensionals.
Can you see the lovely shimmer the spray makes??!! By making my own spray, I can have any color and intensity I like! How fun is that??!!
And why not a few challenges!!
Pause, Dream, Enjoy: mostly red
Simon Says stamp: anything goes
Cheerful Stamp pad: Heart
Hope you are having a great day! I will be back tomorrow with more Valentine's day inspiration!!