Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Stampsmith Floral Alphabet Love Card

Hi Dreamers!
It is totally all about "Love" in Dreamland this week!  On today's card, I spelled out the word LOVE with letters from The Stampsmith's Floral Alphabet.  I added all kinds of pretty embellishments fit for a heartfelt Valentine's Day card.




The letters were stamped with brown ink on pink CS.  I added some color to the letters with markers.
I die cut a heart (A Muse Studios) from Velum.  



The doily was hand cut to fit on top of the velum heart.  I used the rest of the doily on the bottom of the card. 




I added some red satin ribbon and some tiny rhinestone hearts (A Muse Studios).  And what would a Valentine's Day card be without lots of pearls??!!  




So, I like how this turned out.  Again, an example of how you can make a Valentine's Day card with everyday stamps.  This would be pretty with a name instead of Love too.


And, now a few Heart inspired Challenges!!
Flourishes: hearts
Anything Challenge: Vintage/shabby chic
Craft-room: make embellishment--I made the heart
Tuesday Alchemy: hearts
Creative Belli challenge: hearts---paper doilies
Little Red Wagon: love
365 Cards: Word Wednesday-love

Well, I have to get going here.   Have busy day today.  All good stuff.  I hope your day is filled with LOVE.  Love ya.
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful lettering - what a treat of a card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Karen. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at the Belli Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! I must check out this alphabet set! Love your design work and how you used the doily! Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! The doilies add such a romantic feel. Thank you for joining us in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! So very pretty with the doily~ Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love these letters. I've not seen this set over at The Stampsmith before. Thanks for joining in with our Handmade Embellishments theme at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful card the vellum/doily heart is so delicate and pretty. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-room challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful card and love the use of the vellum and doily. Very clever. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.