Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flowers in Red and Blue

Hi Dreamers!
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  I was able to get some cards made over the weekend.  I have two cards to share with you made with The Potted Tulip stamp from Blockheads Stamp which is included in  the Victorian Eccentricities set or available as a single.  I made a red and a blue version.




Materials List for both Cards:
Blockheads Paper Arts Stamps: Victorian Eccentricities 
Crackle Background
Archival Ink from Ranger- Sienna and Cobalt
Adirondack Ink from Ranger - Butterscotch
Distress Ink- Tea Dye
Pages from a Dictionary
CS in White, Cream, Dark Taupe, Mustard, and Navy
Crinkle CS in Gray


Stamp the image with Sienna ink and cut out.   On a page from the dictionary, stamp the Crackle background stamp in Butterscotch ink.  Crumple the page and smooth out.  Spritz very lightly with water on the un-stamped side.  Crumble again, smooth, dry with heat gun.  Distress with Tea Dye ink.  Tear page into desired size.   Distress two pages in this way- one for each card.

Detail

Layer the CS's and add the flowers and vase with dimensional squares.  Add some fun fibers and a fancy brad.

Inside

Now, I can grab this when I need a card for an occasion and add whatever sentiment I like.    To make the  Blue Flower card stamp the vase and flowers twice on white CS with Cobalt ink.




Cut out one set and layer over the other stamped vase.  Add the dictionary page and CS layers.




I love wired ribbon...You can make it into any shape you like.  I cut a couple lengths of ribbon in half lengthwise.  I formed the ribbon into several fun shapes and glued to the card.







Inside

And, how about a few fun Challenges for my Red and Blue Flowers??!!
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Read all about it
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes
Loves Rubber stamps: anything goes
Paper Take Weekly: anything goes
Through the Craft room door: anything goes

Well, I guess that's it for me.  Hope you have a great evening!  Love ya.
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are brilliant but the red one is very eye-catching with those vibrant colours. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so beautiful! thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards, thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finished cards... the blue one wins for me - only because blue is always my favourite colour... they're both fabulous! I love the text in the backgrounds...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards in red and blue. Both are fabulous but I love the blue. Perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful. Love the color and design. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that stamp, and both of these cards are simply stunning! Love the dimension!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful items here! I'm a new follower and found you via my Blockheads newsletter!

    Bernadet
    bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.