Friday, September 21, 2012

Blockheads Technique Challenge Pocket Card

Hi Dreamers!
Here I am back today with my project for the September Blockheads Technique Challenge --Pocket Cards.  Design Team Member, Barb, shows use how to make this versatile Pocket card that can be used for a tea bag, gift card, or whatever our little hearts desire.  The complete instructions are on the Blockheads Web site in the Technique section here.  Make your project and link up on the blog.  If you would like to participate in the blog hop, pick up the html code on the Technique instruction page.  Here  is my Pocket Card.




Materials List:
Blockhead Stamps: Chinese Traditions Full Sheet
Verses full Sheet
Ink: Coffee Archival - Ranger
Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Sprays: Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution -Cherry Blossom and Willow
Mini Cosmic Swirl Crafter's Workshop Template
Wonder Tape 1/8 inch
Memento Marker -Angel Pink
Pioneer Glue Stick
Ribbon
Pink and White CS

I followed the instructions to make my card.  I cut it from pink CS.  I made the stamped pieces by spraying white Cs with the spray inks and the Template.  I stamped the Cherry blossom stamp with Coffee ink and colored the flowers the Angel pink marker.    I added some ribbons and pearls.


On the back, I repeated the front --without the ribbons.  


 I added a sentiment to the inside.  I have tucked a gift card into the pocket and below, a tea bag.





I would also like to enter my Pocket card in the Fashionable Stamping Challenge-Good things come in small packages.

Let's see what you can come up with!!  This is such a great project!
Hope you have a great day!!  Love ya.
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Oh this is so pretty the layout is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, this is lovely, gorgeous stamping and a lovely sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty creation Karen. Love the soft colours and lovely stamping. Such a great idea for a gift too and a lovely sentiment.
    Thanks for joining in with our FSC small packages challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous pocket card, just a great idea. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and delicate Karen and I like the idea of it being a gift as well.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, delicate Oriental piece, Karen - just lovely! And the pocket card is fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and feminine feeling Karen! I love that ribbon too, a great match!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.