Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stampsmith Cards for my Friends

Hi Everyone,
I have two cards to show you today that I made using Stampsmith stamps. I will send these out for birthdays. The first card uses the Eiffel Tower image from the Paris Full Sheet available in the Stampsmith Shop. The palette today is subtle and almost neutral.

The image was stamped on a glossy gold paper with black dye ink. I layered it with brown papers and made the card base from pink CS. Accents are a sheer pink ribbon and some crystal gems.





This image is from the "Those Were the Days" Full Sheet. And, it would be great for a friendship card too. I stamped the image on a glossy brown paper. Both these cards are more examples of stamping the photo stamps on papers other than the white glossy. I love how the white glossy looks, of course, but when I made the cards, I was nearly out of the white glossy....so had to change it up a bit. I have been posting a series of cards with photo stamps using different papers. You can see some of the other cards here and here. I found this a very fun exercise. So, back to today's card. The DP is from DCWV and the glossy papers are from Hot Off the Press. I added some metal disks for accents.



I decided to show you a third card. On this card, I stamped the image on smooth yellow paper. I really like how this turned out too. This image is called "Bling" and is available as a single image.



I used more green papers to layer: Hot Off the Press, DCWV, and Penny Black. I did some piercing and added two brads. I just love yellow and green together. What are some of your favorite color combos?


A few Challenges for my Subtle colored cards:


Simon Says stamp and Show: Your favorite stamp (How could you only have just one fav? I used one of my favorite stamps on the second card-with the three friends.)


Card Makin Mamas: use your scraps


Have a great day!


Karen

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous cards Karen.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there fellow DT member of Third Coast.
    Love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Karen, great technique and a wonderful use of your favourite stamp(s) lol!!!
    The Design Team and I are so pleased you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show
    Many thanks
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.