Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Billie Sings on this Stampsmith DT Card

Hi Crafty Friends,
I have a card today that is not season related. It uses a great image from The Stampsmith - Billie Holiday. She was a jazz great. If you have never heard her sing, you are really missing some heartfelt vocals. So anyway, I used this image of her for my musical collage card.




There is lots of different DP on this card: Dk Brown from Crate Paper, Music from Penny Black, Brown/Turquoise from My Mind's Eye, Brown print from Provo Craft. The card base is from DCWV and is a coffee/mocha colored textured CS. I used a doubled sided Blue/Brown ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby, a hand pleated piece of black tulle, pearls, and rhinestones for embellishments. Here are some close ups.

I did lots of tearing and distressing with Vintage Photo (Ranger). The image is stamped with Tuxedo Black dye ink (Memento) on glossy white paper. I die cut and embossed the image with a Spellbinders die. The tulle is hand pleated and I just hand sewed the pleats in place and glued down to the card under the ribbon. This was a really fun card to make. I love the freedom of collage. I just like all the layers and different patterns. I think this is from my quilting days when I would use 5 to 10 different fabrics in one block. So fun!

Challenges Billie sings for:

Simon Says Stamp: Recipe- 3 types of embellishments (Ribbon, Tulle, Pearls).

Cheerful Stamp Pad: A woman

Anything Goes: ribbon

The Sisterhood of Crafters: Bling (pearls, rhinestones, and large earring on the image of Billie).

Well, I hope everyone is having a good day. We are having lovely cool weather here in Michigan. And, sunshine! Talk to you soon.

Karen

8 comments:

  1. I like the ribbon you used! The edges on the papers is cool too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ribbon! Just gorgeous.

    thanks for joining us at "anything goes" this week.

    LOve kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen for entering such a great card in The Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge #1. The winner will be chosen by a random generator and a small prize will be given. I love your collage

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has such amazing impact just as Billie's voice did. Stunning. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, the picture just looks like a real one! I know it's a stamp, so all the more credits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you how gorgeous your projects are and that we'd love to have you enter some of them in the challenges at Papercraft Star. It's also not too late to sign up to win a $25.00 gift certificate by following us! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing image with a great impact.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.