Inks: Jet Black Archival, blue dye, and gray pigment
CS: Gray, white, black, and medium blue
- Make a card from black CS
- Add a layer of medium blue and black CS
- On gray CS, Stamp the dragon with Jet Black ink
- Stamp dragon again on white CS and cut out the head and tail--set aside
- Stamp dragon again on a piece of scrap paper or thin CS; cut out the entire image for a mask
- Place mask over dragon stamped on gray CS
- Ink Cherry Blossoms stamp with gray pigment ink--note: I used pigment ink here because this is a large stamp and the slower drying time of the pigment ink allows me to take my time inking the stamp and making sure of the placement of the stamped image. I did not emboss the image.
- Stamp the Cherry Blossoms and remove the mask
- Punch one corner of the stamped gray CS
- Sponge on a little blue dye ink on the edges
- Color the dragon with Distress Markers
- Add to card front
- Color the head and tail of the dragon pieces cut out earlier and add to card with dimensional adhesive
Dare I say my little dragon looks quite content sitting in his garden of Cherry Blossoms and bamboo. LOL. Well, he really looks quite snarly and ready to bite the head off of something. But, all things are possible in Dreamland. That's why we like it here, right?? Check out more Design Team Projects on the LCD Design blog, Lost Coasters Review.
Up coming Events:
Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween beginning in October!! Lots of scary inspiration and prizes from Lost Coast Design, Carmen's Veranda, and other stamp companies. This is a massive blog hop and the Design Team will have a project everyday throughout the month of October on the blog, Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. I have three projects that will be featured in the postings. They are all very scary! Hope you will join in with the fun and get lots of ideas for Halloween projects!!
See you soon. Hope you are having a great day!! Love ya.