See more details here
Lost Coast Design Challenges will now be held on the Portal to Creativity Blog along with other fun events:
Current events--June Challenge: Numbers
You may now use any stamps--not just Lost Coast Designs on the challenges and Skellie Fest!!!!
I wanted to share with you two projects I made with Lost Coast Design Stamps new release. The backgrounds are made with a Gelli Plate. I made two cards with the background paper and added different ribbons to each piece.
Stamps: Light Mandelas from Lost Coast Designs
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ranger
CS: White, black, rose, Early Espresso Stampin' Up
Mono printing Plate
Empty Plastic ribbon reel
- Make card bases from Early Espresso and rose CS
- Backgrounds: add acrylic paints to the surface of mono printing Plate with a brayer
- Press the plastic ribbon reel into the paint and remove
- Press a sheet of white CS onto the mono printing Plate and smooth surface with hand
- Pull CS up and let dry
- Cut background into pieces to fit your card size
- Stamp the Light Mandelas with Jet Black ink inside the circles made by the ribbon reel --Just amazing how well the stamps fit into the circles!
- Add the background paper to the card bases
- Add rhinestones around the circular motifs
- Wrap ribbon around card
- Staple additional ribbon pieces to wrapped ribbon
- Tie a piece of ribbon in a knot and glue to other ribbons
- On card two, Cut around one of the circular motifs so that it extends pasts the edge--I cut this by hand with scissors
- Wrap yarn around card and tie ribbons onto yarn
Love this stamp set!! Check out all the fun, artistic images available from Lost Coast Designs. The images also look fab on white CS colored with markers!!
Entering my mono printing Plate projects in:
Simon's Wed Challenge: use your fav technique or product----Gelli Plate background technique
So, see you again soon!! Love ya