The first Monday of the month----Time for a new challenge on The Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog!! The challenge theme for the month of May is:
Make a project in the Shabby Chic style and link up on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog. Your project must have some stamping.
The challenge is sponsored by: Flonzcraft Stamps. Flonzcraft is offering a $20 gift certificate!!!
I made a small wall hanging piece using corrugated cardboard as the base.
Stamps: Flowers Engraving from Flonzcraft Stamps
Ink: Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet Distress inks
CS: Very Vanilla and Blush Blossom from Stampin' Up
Gelli Plate, Acrylic Paint, and Embossing folder to make Background paper
Pearl Trim- from Hobby Lobby
Vintage crochet piece
Old Paper Crackle Paint- Ranger
- Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to size and tear the top layer of brown paper off exposing the ridges
- Paint the cardboard with Lumiere and crackle paints
- Let dry
- Add the crochet lace and tie ribbon around cardboard
- Make the background paper with a Gelli plate/or use a piece of distressed CS
- Stamp the Flowers Engraving stamp onto Vanilla CS by inking the stamp with both Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet inks
- Tear the CS and distress edges with distress inks
- Add stamped piece to CS background
- Add pearl trim
- Add to cardboard
- Add ribbon at top of piece to use for hanging
I will hang this in my living room--so fun to make decorating pieces from elegant stamps like Flowers Engraving. Hope you join us with your own Shabby Chic project. Hope you have a super day!