Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet 'n Sassy Think Spring Customer Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,

Before I get started with my Hop card, I would like to say a great big "Hello" to Shelley at Dr. Chang's office. (This is my husband's Radiation doctor.) Shelley is a card maker and blogger. Hi Shelley!! Thanks for stopping by!!


Now, on with the Hop. The Sweet N Sassy Think Spring Customer Blog Hop begins today. Check out all the details here.



Anyone can participate. ALL blog hop participants (those who participate in the hop as bloggers, NOT just hoppers) will receive a FREE digi stamp. A grand prize of a $25 shopping spree to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps will be awarded to ONE randomly drawn name from ALL of the blog hop comments and announced on the SNSS blog on Monday, March 14th.


My project is a Spring themed card. I used the Birds and Roses Set. I tried out several images and coloring techniques. I stamped and embossed, stamped with Stazon, and tried different colors. I tried coloring with chalks and watercolor pencils. Here are some of the examples.



















The two images above were stamped and heat embossed. I think they would be very pretty uncolored.















The image on the left was colored with chalks and the image on the right with watercolor pencils. These turned out nice and I will use them on some Mother's Day Cards. I finally ended up with the card below.

This image was stamped with Stazon and water colored with Distress Inks (Ranger). I used a wet brush. The ink colors are so soft and muted. I think I like this version the best.

CS: Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up) and White

DP: K & Company

For accents. I added a strip of CS punch with a Stampin' Up edge punch, a sheer white ribbon, a piece of pink lace, and some pearl stickers.


The sentiment on the outside is also in the Birds and Roses Set from Sweet 'n Sassy. I thought this image would make a great Mother's Day card. On the inside I added a sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly. Here is a peek at the inside.


Hope you enjoy the Blog Hop. Have fun! Since it is Friday, I will wish you a great weekend today. Love ya.


Karen

16 comments:

  1. So pretty! Great job with the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o this is so pretty and colourful, what a lovely sweet stamp, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that gorgeous image. Great coloring... pretty embellishments. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked seeing your different ideas - and the final card is gorgeous. I like the combination of papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, lovely colors

    Debfoti ~ www.Scrappingmamma.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love all your embellishments! The ribbon is a great finisher! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful water colors! I agree I like this one the best as well. Your bow is so pretty and the border punch is a perfect embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and I love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, this is just lovely! All of the images turned out well. They will make great mother's day cards and whoever receives them will love them. Thanks for hopping along with SNSS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and I enjoyed seeing all your versions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen your card is so elegant and charming. Love all the femine touches here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Karen wonderful coloring job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Karen. I love your water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed seeing the variations of coloring techniques, and your final card turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Doesn't matter what colouring technique you use - they all look lovely!! Gorgeous image and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Karen-LOVE your spring themed card!!!

    Also...wanted to pop on by and say thank you so much for the stunning card that showed up in my mail today! LOVE it and so glad you are enjoying your goodies! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.