Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stamping on Tissue with Blockhead Stamps

Hi Everyone,
I have been stamping on tissue paper again. You know I just love this Faux Silk technique. It is simple and can be made with materials you will have on hand. Be sure to pop over to the Blockheads Blog and check out my tutorial there. Here is a sneaky peek at the card that is on The Blockheads blog.


Now on to today's Blockheads Paper Arts Design Team projects. Materials: Stamps: Blockheads Stamp sets Chinese Princess *
Tuxedo Black (Memento) Dye Ink*
Stickles - gold *
White, Black, Cream, Brown, and Green Cardstock
DP: Black/white papers are from Basic Grey and Jenni Bowlin.
Tissue paper in white, red, and brown
Black ribbon, Fabric scraps


I used the Faux Silk technique on all of the three cards here. So, take a look at them.


I Stamped on brown tissue and layered with brown CS and DP. I punched small holes in the spine of the card and pulled a strip of fabric thru. It was then tied in a knot. Stickles were added to some of the circles in the DP.




For the next card, I stamped on red tissue and cut it with a tag die and tied a strip of real silk fabric at the top. I layered the tag onto Mellow Moss CS (SU).


And, the last project was stamped on white CS. I stamped off once before stamping on the tissue. I die cut a frame from DP and layered. I added black rhinestones, Velvet black ribbon, and sheer black ribbon for accents.


I also have a few close up photos for you.




Okay, that's it for me today. Hope everything is going good for you today!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Fancy cards Karen! Love the different effects you created! Cheers, Ira

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.