Thursday, December 20, 2018

Ribbon Christmas Tree Part 2

Hello Everyone,
Hope your Holiday preparations are going well.  I have one more Christmas card Post for this year.  This is the second post for my Ribbon Scrap Christmas Tree cards.  See Part One here.

I added an folded flap on the cards with a punched edge. Also added a little bit of bling via the rhinestones.






I have repeated the instructions for making the trees below:

  • I collected a huge pile of ribbon scraps:  all lengths, widths, and colors.
  • Press a piece of cotton fabric nice and flat; I used muslin.
  • Lay out the muslin on a heat proof surface: I used my ironing board.
  • On top of the muslin, lay a sheet of Stitch Witchery Fusible bonding web 
  • Place all the ribbon scraps on top of the Stitch Witchery, butting the ribbons together, completely covering the muslin. 
  • Use a press cloth and fuse the layers together with an iron.
  • Now you have a piece of ribbon fabric
  • Cut triangles from the ribbon fabric and use them for the trees.
  • I added a piece of brown twill ribbon for the tree truck
  • Glue to CS with Fabric Tac glue
I wish everyone a Happy Holiday!!!!
See you next year!! I have a peacock birthday I would like to share!!  

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.