Time for a new challenge on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog! The theme for the month of March is:
Olde Worlde---things that look old (or are old) vintagey things, Victorian things--- you get the idea. There must be some stamping on your project.
The challenge is sponsored by Flonzcraft Stamps and they are offering a $20 gift certificate!!
For my Olde Worlde project, I used a vintagey locomotive stamp and added Steampunk elements.
Stamps: Old Steam Locomotive and Happy Birthday Greetings, Wishes both from Flonzcraft Stamps
Ink: Onyx Black Versa Fine, Black Soot Distress Ink
CS: Kraft; Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up); Black; and Gold
Dies: Banner and Ticket from A Muse Studios; Vintage Flourish from My Favorite Things
Embossing Folder-Gears from Tim Holtz
Silver Metal embellishments and Silver brads
Template: Mini Cosmic Swirls from Crafters Workshop
- Make a card from Kraft CS and layer with black CS
- Make the background paper using a template and spray inks
- Cut the background paper to size and distress edges with Black Soot ink
- Dry emboss a piece of gold paper and cut out one of the gears
- Add Gear to card base
- Stamp the Locomotive with Onyx Black ink on Crumb Cake CS and layer with black
- Add to the Card base
- Die cut all the elements from gold paper
- Add metal stickers to banner and add brads to card
- Stamp two wings and cut out
- Stamp Happy Birthday on ticket and distress with Black Soot ink
- Add wings and ticket
- Stamp a sentiment on the inside
This will make a great masculine Birthday card and I already know who it is going to. Let's see your Olde Worlde project!! Just link it up on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog.
Still trying to get back in the swing of things after my Father's death. Not an easy thing to do, but I am taking it one day at a time.
See you soon! Love ya