Hope you had a great weekend! We had a surprise visitor in our yard yesterday.
I looked him/her up in the "Birds of North America" and I think it is an immature Cooper's Hawk. The tail has a wide stripe. Very interesting site in the backyard. Now on to some more Christmas Cards.
CS: white, cream; purple and brown from Bazzill; Electric Red from My Favorite Things; Black and Night of Navy from Stampin' Up
Ink: Sahara Sand Versa Color chalk ink; Rich Cocoa Memento; black
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Lumiere Paint- Stampin' Up
Diamond Glitter - Amuse Studios
Tarnished Brass Distress Stains
Glue Pad - optional
- Make cards from purple, Night of Navy, and Electric Red CS
- Distress the edges with: Purple with Sahara Sand Chalk; Night of Navy with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain
- Stamp Mary and the Angels with Sahara Sand Chalk and Black ink on cream and white CS respectively
- Stamp an extra Mary to cut out: distress with Antique Linen
- Paint the images with Lumiere Paint and before the paint dries, sprinkle glitter all over
Note: if the paint dries too quickly, use a glue pad to apply the glitter
- Layer each piece with brown or black CS and add to the card bases
- Add the extra cut out Mary's with dimensional adhesive
- Stamp the sentiments and add to the cards
- Tie ribbons in bows and add to cards
The cards really sparkle --you just can't see it as much in the photos.
Challenges for Mary and the Angels Glitter CardsSimon's Wednesday
: Bling it on
Sparkle and Sprinkle Creative Challenge
: loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking
Cheerful Stamp pad
: mixed media with Christmas
mixed media + Anything goes
See you next time for more Christmas Cards. I have another of the Mary and Angels stamped on vellum. I will share that soon. I hope you have a lovely day!