This is my third post for the 31 Days of Halloween Event. Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda Stamps are sponsoring the event with stamp prizes. This event is presented by Smeared Ink Stamps. There are lots of prizes, blogs, and inspiration projects in this huge event. Lost Coast Portal to Creativity will have a different Halloween/Scary project each day for the month of October.
Today, I have another winged skull project with an interesting background treatment.
Stamps: Skull with Wings, Perfume Bottle Set, ATC Misc #3 Set all from Lost Coast Designs; Circle stamp
Ink: Versa Mark; Jet Black Archival; Jumbo Java Versa Magic; Mushroom and Butterscotch Adirondack
CS:black, bright mustard yellow, white, Glossy white
Black Baker's Twine
- Make a black card base and add a layer of mustard yellow CS
- On Glossy white CS, stamp the squares stamp from the ATC Misc #3 set with Versa Mark ink several times to cover the entire surface
- Heat set the ink with a heat tool
- Stamp circles over the background with the Adirondack inks
- Using the direct to paper method, cover the entire piece with Jumbo Java chalk ink
- Using a craft sponge, remove some of the Jumbo Java ink--the background images will now start to emerge
- Use sandpaper to remove more ink and add more distressing
- Rub edges of this piece with Mushroom ink
- Add stamped and distressed piece to card
- Stamp the bottles on white CS with Jet Black ink; cut out
- Add bottles to card with dimensional adhesive
- Tie twine around card
- Stamp Skull with Wings with Jet Black ink on white CS; Cut out
- Add to card with dimensional adhesive
Very Scary! I think this will be a great Halloween card! But, image that the perfume bottles are poison bottles. LOL Hope you are having fun checking out all the frightful projects on the 31 Days of Halloween Event!! See you soon for more crafty goodness!