It is Summer!! Plenty hot here in Michigan, USA. 90 degrees today. I did quite a bit of yard work today. Now, I am inside with the air conditioning and having fun making cards. Today, I made a Summer theme card for the
This card is for week three and the theme is anything and everything Summer.
Technique Junkies stamps must be used on the projects.
This sweet girl is spending time on the beach and forgetting all her troubles.
I used a color pallet the says sand and sea to me: White, blue, and coral pink.
Beach Girl SD103
By the Sea (set of six) SS060
Bold Shells S687
To make card:
1) Stamp Beach Girl on glossy white CS ( this stamp has a lot of detail and this is how I obtained the best impression). I stamped with Black Soot Distress ink. This ink worked well because it is a very wet ink. Just make sure to let the ink dry before handling the piece.
2) Die cut image.
3) Make a card base from lite blue CS and layer with coral pink CS.
4) Stamp the sentiment onto the coral pink CS with Black Soot ink.
5) Make the shell background by stamping Bold Shells on blackboard CS with Versa Magic ink, Cloud White. Make sure ink is completely dry before handling.
6) Layer all pieces and add blue tulle and pink ribbon
This image really make me long for about a week at the seaside. All that fresh air......Oh how dreamy.
So glad you stopped by today. Happy Summer!!