Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Card with Bright Green Trees

Hello Dreamers!
How is your weekend going??  Doing good here.  A bit busy as I decided to make cards as gifts.  I made about 25 cards to give.  I have them all done now, but have to wrap all my gifts yet.  I picked out the cookies I will make and a dessert for Christmas day.  Will do the shopping for all the recipe items on Monday and spend all day Tuesday baking.  I will be going to my nephew's house for dinner on Christmas day.    He and his wife just bought a new house last month and they want to host dinner this year.  Should be so fun!!

On to cards:  I have one more Christmas card to post.  I made another card with the punched trees, but in more traditional Christmas colors.




Materials List:
Stamps: Festival of Trees Stampin' Up
Ink: Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, and Real Red - Stampin' Up
CS: Real Red, two shades of green
Green Velum
DP: My Minds Eye
Tree Punch - Stampin'  Up
Large Scallop Circle die - Sizzix
Dots Embossing Folder
Ribbon




Instructions:

  • Make cards from Red C and layer with DP
  • Die cut circles from green CS 
  • Dry Emboss circle with dots folder
  • Stamp the tree with Garden Green ink and punch out
  • Stamp bird and star; fussy cut
  • Add all the elements to the card front
  • Stamp the sentiment on velum and cut ends
  • Add a bow


Challenges for My Christmas Green Tree card:
My Time to Craft: Christmas Trees
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra: anything goes that is Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Pattern Paper: anything goes with pattern paper


I may be off the grid until after the Holidays.  I wish you all a joyful Holiday season!!  Thanks for sharing with me here in Dreamland.  Love ya
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Karen, fabulous design. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card Karen, bet you will be so pleased when all is finished and you are sitting down to Christmas dinner.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly so beautiful is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Karen! I especially love the sheerness of the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for entering my CHNC challenge extra for December and my Patterned Paper December challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet card, love the 3d tree you made.
    Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at My Time To Craft.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.