Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Grungeboard Rusty Flowers with Blockhead Sentiments

Hi Dreamers,
I am back after a nice weekend.  The weather was nice and had a nice visit with my brother.  I also spent quite a few hours working on a group of cards for submission.  Those went out in the mail today!  Yeah.  Now, I have four custom order cards for my BF to work on this week.  Now, for today, I have some fun projects made with Grungeboard.  The designers on the Blockheads Design blog, have been showcasing grungeboard this month.
I used a technique in the Tim Holtz's book Compendium of Curiosities- Rusted Grunge.   I thought it would be fun to make some rusty flowers.  LOL.  The flowers are pre-cut Ranger Grungeboard.  You could use any shape for this technique.  I made a Birthday card with matching tag, and another tag.  Let's look at the card first.




Materials List:
Stamps: 
Happy Birthday (Verses Full Sheet or as a single) and For You (Daisies Half Sheet) both from Blockheads.
Ink:
Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Tumbled Glass Distress Inks -Ranger
Sienna Archival
Embossing Ink ( I used Emboss It)
Other:
Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder
Manila Pre-Cut Tag
Ribbons
Pearls
Rust, orange, and black CS





Instructions:

  • Rusty Flowers (per Compendium of Curiosities): Cover grungeboard with embossing ink and heat emboss with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder.
  • When cool, rub off some of the unmelted crystals. 
  • Apply Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade ink over the embossing powder on the flowers. Use Shabby Shutters on the stem.  This just adds a bit more color.  You could do this before the embossing too.  I did not think of it until after the embossing was done.  






  • Make a card from orange CS layered with black CS.  Glue flowers to the CS.  
  • Add ribbon
  • Stamp the sentiment with Sienna ink and add to card.




Matching Tag for a gift bag or wrapped package.

  • Cut a tag from black CS.
  • Add the flowers and sentiment.
  • Cover a grungeboard butterfly with Spiced Marmalade ink and add to tag. 







  • Stamp sentiment with Sienna
  • Tie the ribbons through the hole
  • Knot a piece of ribbon and wrap around.




 A closer look at the rust.




I used three more of the rusty flowers on another tag.  I made a garden-like background on this pre-cut manila tag.






  • Apply Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters ink to the tag.  Apply a little bit of Vintage Photo to simulate a horizon type line.
  • Glue the flowers to tag.
  • Tie the ribbons.
  • Add a few tiny pearls.





Super close look at Garden Tag.


So, another fun way to use Grungeboard.  How do you like to use grungeboard?  If you missed my Grungeboard Pins, take a look here.


Challenges for my Rusty Flowers:
Simon Says Stamp: birthday
City Crafter: birthday
Tuesday Alchemy: garden and gold---my gold is rusty.  LOL
Make My Monday: create your own background--my garden tag
Unstampables: no stamping and anything but a card
Stamping for the weekend: anything but a card


Oh, guess that is it for me today.  I will be back tomorrow with a pretty folded tag card with ribbon tie.  Sound good??.. Hope you are having a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.