I have a bit a free time this morning and thought you would like to see this cute card I made with a really cool stamp from Magenta called Bird in Flowers. I used a couple different coloring techniques, some hand sewing, and fussy cutting on this project. Take a look.
- Cover the stamp with a green and rust ink. Then Stamp on white CS.
- Distress with Frayed Burlap and Spiced Marmalade ink.
- Ink the stamp with markers and stamp a second and third image on White CS.
- Fussy cut the bird from one of the stamped images and the wing from the third.
- Distress with distress inks (listed above)
- Layer onto the first stamped image.
- To make the ribbon sewn piece: pierce zig zag DP ( from My Mind's Eye) with a piercing tool
- Thread 1/8" ribbon in a large eyed needle
- Sew the ribbon into the holes one color at a time; tie off the ends
- Tie an extra bow for the corner of the card
- Add a few rhinestones
- Add a fussy cut flower from one of the marker stamped pieces.
- Stamp a pretty sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly)
Isn't this sweet!? I would like to enter my Bird in a field of flowers in
*****The Magenta Challenge: fussy cutting and sewing
Well, I think I will go and throw in another load of laundry. My life is so exciting! LOL It is too cold to work in the yard today. Tomorrow is supposed to be a really nice Spring day! I need a tall shelf for my studio. I think I will head out tomorrow and look around for something. I hope your weekend is just lovely!
I will be working on something made with Grungeboard for Tuesday. See you then!!! Love ya.