Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dreamy Blue Lady with Lynne Perrella and Blockhead Stamps

Hi Dreamers!
Missed you!  I was a bit busy over the weekend.  Spent a great day with my dear friend, Laurie.  Spent the day catching up and having a nice day!  So, now I am back and ready to get some blogging done.  Let's get all dreamy here in Dreamland today.  I have used a Lynne Perrella (Paper Artsy) stamp set that is available in the USA from Blockheads Paper Arts!




Materials List:
Stamps:
Pacific Queen Paper Artsy
Dream Sentiment-Verses Full Sheet from Blockheads
Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento; Faded Denim  and Spun Sugar Distress; Blue Pigment
Distress Stains: Faded Denim 
Clear Embossing Powder
Black Bakers Twine
CS: blue, white and black





Instructions:

  • Make a card  from blue CS and layer with black CS
  • On white CS, stamp the Lady with blue pigment ink and heat emboss with clear powder
  • Swipe the Distress Stain along the edges of the stamped piece
  • Add a little Spun Sugar Distress ink to the cheeks.  I just used my finger to apply the ink.







  • On White CS, stamp the banner from the Pacific Queen set with Tuxedo Black ink
  • Cut out the border
  • Stamp the word Dream with Faded Denim Distress ink on white CS and cut out in the shape of a banner flag; distress with the same ink
  • Add the banner to the card with dimensional adhesive
  • Glue a piece of bakers twine onto the banner
  • Stamp sun with Tuxedo Black ink and add with dimensional adhesive







I went a bit crazy on the inside of the card!  I think I can still write a short note if I use a black pen.  LOL


  • Stamp the Lady with Faded Denim stamping off once;  apply the Faded Denim to the edges.  
  • Stamp the suns with Tuxedo Black ink stamping off once
  • Layer with Black CS

Inside



Love these Lynne Perrella images!!  Check out the rest of the stamps on the set!  Just so cool!

I would like to enter my Dreamy Banner Lady in the Paper Artsy Blog Challenge!!
Paper Artsy: use Paper Artsy Stamps, Fresco Paints, Wood or Paper Mache 
Take a Word: vintage Beauty
Tomorrow I will be back with something fun from Lost Coast Designs!  See you then. Love ya.
Karen


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Karen--love the understated monochromatic color scheme, but the banner is my favorite detail.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from the UK. I just started blogging about craft and saw you the image on the Paper Artsy blog. I love Lynne Perrella stamps too and I think what you have done with this card works so well, especially the banner and the twine. I like the sentiment too, if only we could spend more of life dreaming. Good luck with the Paper Artsy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen this is totally stunning the banner is amazing!! the whole creation is beautiful your so creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful !!!!
    love the monochromatic design!!!!
    Tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, Karen. The banner makes it super! Dream on!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karen, I love how you decorated the inside too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Karen, I love how you decorated the inside too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combination of cream/brown with a hint of blue, one of my fav LP images (aren't they all though). Thanks for joining in our GD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, Karen - wonderful use of the LP, and I love the banners... beautiful subtle colour palette too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the simplycity i think it's really powerful composition. Best regards, J. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.