Friday, April 26, 2013

Glamorous Girlie Birthday Card

Hi Dreamers,
I am back today with a 16th Birthday Card that is totally GLAM!!!  I used a stamp from Hero Arts for the main image.  I totally glam-ed up both sides of the envelope!




I added a strip of double sided tape to the envelope embellishment.  When the envelope is ready  to be sealed, the sender just has to pull off the paper liner and the embellishment will stick down.   I added a piece of the DP to the front of the envelope.




This card is for a 16 year old that loves to sing.  So, I stamped the music background and added the number 16.  I used a corner rounder on all the pieces.





The main image - Hero Arts- is stamped with black ink and color is added  with the distress inks Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive.    I gathered the tails of a big turquoise ribbon bow and added some tiny turquoise pearls for embellishments.







The sentiments are all from Gina K Designs.   Here is a look at the inside.




How about a few fun Challenges!!
Simon Says stamp: anything goes
Crafting by Design: anything goes.
Aud Sentiments: birthday

I have lots planned for the weekend.  My brother's birthday is Saturday.  I made him a really cool masculine card.  I will share that with you on Monday.  If I have a spare hour, I will get something posted here for you to look at.  LOL  I have to make a Steampunk card and get it out  in the mail tomorrow!! Yikes, I better get busy!!  I hope you have a great weekend.  Love ya.
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Definitely glam! Love the co-ordinating envelope...

    Hope you have a great time celebrating your brother's birthday... (there's certainly a lot of that going on in April - just had mine two days ago, my brother's is today, and my nephew was this time last week!!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Great Card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting by Design and our Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab card! Love the colors and that ribbon treatment! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely and elegant! Love the ribbon treatment and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made a lovely card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.