I am back after a little holiday break. Happy New Year. I hope this new year brings you lots of joy. And, plenty of time to craft! It is time for a new challenge on the Stampsmith Challenge Blog. This month were are challenging you to:
use one recycled item and at least one Stampsmith Stamp on your project.
I used the lovely Ophelia (Large, Facing Right) stamp on my project. My recycled item is a White CD/DVD Sleeve ( made by Memorex).
- Distress the edges of the CD Sleeve with Shabby Shutters and Black Soot Distress Ink.
- Cut two pieces of Certainly Celery CS (Stampin' up) 4 3/4 inches square
- Stamp Ophelia on one with Black Soot Distress Ink
- Slip inside the CD Sleeve.
- Flip the CD Sleeve over and Distress the back
- Gather lengths of Hem Tape (Wrights Trims) by stitching long hand stitches down the middle
- Pull the gathers tight and secure thread with a knot
- Glue to front and add a Prima Flower
- Tie a bow in another long length of the Hem Tape and leave long tails
- Gather the tails of the Hem Tape bow as above and glue to front of Sleeve
- Add pearls
- On the second piece of Certainly Celery CS, stamp a Sentiment.
- This sentiment is from The Say It Like It Is full Sheet -Stampsmith
- Write your note and sign on this piece
- Slip the CS into the Sleeve.
Isn't this a fun transformation!!?? I am going to make a bunch of these! Don't even need an envelope!
And how about a few other really cool Challenges for my Recycled Sleeve!
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes
Fat Pages with Attitude: anything goes
Charisma Cards: anything goes
In the pink: pink and pearly
365 Cards: tuck it in your pocket
Card Crafters Circle: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show: anything goes
Fashionable Stampers: Surprise Us (anything goes)
OOzak.com: anything goes + pink and bling
Would love to see what items you recycle! Join in the fun and link your project up at The Stampsmith Challenge blog. Hope you have a great day this first day of a new year! Love ya.