Happy Saturday! Long live the weekend! I am continuing my new found love for Distress Embossing Powder today. Today's project has a "not in the real world" kind of theme. Let's enter the realm of fantasy with this Steampunk Owl.
Stamps: All From Blockheads Stamps
Steampunk Owl - Fringe Folktales
Pen Nib - Victorian Invention
Sexton - Stargazer
Dusty Concord and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks
Cobalt Archival Ranger
Distress Embossing Powder
Pre-cut white tag (3 1/8 x 6 1/4")
Black Satin Fabric scraps
Mini Safety Pin
- On a pre- cut white tag or a tag cut from CS (3 1/8 x 6 1/4") stamp the sexton with embossing ink.
- Heat emboss with Distress Embossing Powder.
- Let cool completely and then rub off the granules that don't melt. Gives a nice distressed looking image.
- Distress the entire surface of the tag with Distress inks.
- Stamp the Steampunk Owl with Cobalt ink
- Color the owl with Distress Markers
- Stamp the Pen nibs with Frayed Burlap Distress ink
- Add a strip of black satin fabric tied in knot to the bottom of tag
- Tie another strip in a knot at the top threading the fabric through the hole
- Pin a clock to the black satin with a mini safety pin
And, how about a few fun challenges for my Other worldly Steampunk Owl??!!
Creative Moments bloggers challenge: neutral colors and anything goes
Corrosive challenge: put a pin in it
Crafts and Me: vintage
Paper Play time: use some brown
Simon Says stamp and show: what are you known for!---always use fibers.
Isn't this owl just the greatest! I love it. So totally whimsical!! Have a great weekend!! Love ya.
Fantastic image for a great tag, Karen!ReplyDelete
Love this tag!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)ReplyDelete
Have to tell you, my daughter just saw this tag and said,"Oh my gosh, that is so cute, I love that Owl!" LOL! He is adorable...steampunk cutie!!!ReplyDelete
I dunno about that guy, he looks like he's up to something . . . great tag, Karen!ReplyDelete
so stunning.your owl is fabulous and i really love your design and colours.ReplyDelete
thanks for joining in our vintage theme at the Crafts and Me Challenge :D
xx coops xx
Oh he is indeed whimsical! This makes me smile, Karen. :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for your visits to my blog. It warms my heart that you visit!
grate image and colours,thank you for joining us at corrosive challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.ReplyDelete
Karen, your beautifully layered stamped images look fabulous on this fun tag. Lovin' your use of embossed and distressed inks too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ RoseReplyDelete
lovely thanks for joining us at creative moments and good luck emma xxReplyDelete