I spent the whole day cleaning my house yesterday. Still have to do the upstairs, but now the downstairs is nice and clean. Gave my new vacuum cleaner (Riccar -made in the USA) a good workout! Last night I had some time to make these fun Tea themed cards. I used stamps from the Relax A Bit Stamp set from Mark's Finest/Heinrich. Take a look at the first card. It is a smaller card measuring 4 x 4 1/4".
To create this soft and muted effect:
- Stamp the tea pot on white CS with Black dye ink.
- Color the image with Copic Markers. Don't worry about shading. Just use darker colors
- Stamp the tea pot again on white Tissue Paper.
- Line up the image exactly over the colored image.
- The colors on the first image will show through the tissue paper.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the White CS and glue
- Layer onto blue CS and onto a Pink base
- Stamp this fun sentiment on the inside (also in the Relax a bit stamp set)
The Second card is made the same way.
- This time I glued the tissue to the colored image and then cut out both at the same time.
- I used a sketch from 365 Cards for this layout. I dropped the top part of the sketch to the bottom.
- This sentiment is from My Favorite Things
- I used the same Copic Markers to color the cup
And, now a few fun challenges for my Tea Themed cards with Tissue
Mark's Finest: use tissue paper
Simon Says Stamp: something new---I used two new stamp sets
365 Cards: sketch day 305
By the Cute and Girly: cute and girly
Cute Card Thursday: something new--stamps
So, has everyone recuperated from the Holidays? I am trying to play catch up a bit now. I would like to make some changes for the new year. Not sure what these changes might be--yet. Maybe trying to sell my cards at shows, teaching ?? Not sure, but I like change. I just feel like I need a change. I will have to put my thinking cap on and come up with something. LOL What do you have planned for the new year? Well, have a great day! Love ya.