I am back after a few days off from blogging. I have been making cards for charities. I made 30 Valentines' Day cards for "Cards from the Heart Drive" --Which, by the way, is being sponsored by Blockheads Paper Arts!!!!
I made 30 children's cards for Operation Write Home, and 10 for Card Care Connection. Whewww! I'm tired! LOL. (I will be showing you the cards through out the month-and probably next month too--there are quite a few cards!)
So,today I am back with more butterflies!! The Blockheads Designers are going all out showcasing butterflies for the month of January. For my project, I used several stamps and heat embossing to create a card and tag set. Perfect for a birthday!
Lepidoptera Large, Medium, and Small single stamps with cling. (Also available on a half sheet-Grunge Collage)
Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, and Dried Marigold Distress Ink
Coffee and Sienna Archival ink
Clear Embossing Powder
CS: cream and dark green
Wired copper and wide green ribbon
- On the Manila pre-cut tag and cream CS stamp the Script stamp with Versa Mark ink and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Cover the tag and CS with Scattered straw Distress ink. Wipe the ink off the embossed image with a soft cloth or paper towel
- Cover the right side with the Dried Marigold ink leaving the far left with just the yellow ink. Wipe the ink off the embossed image.
- Stamp the butterflies and Travel Document with coffee Archival ink
- Wrap the green ribbon around this piece
- Stamp additional butterflies with Coffee and Sienna ink - cut out
- Make a card base from dark green CS
- Add the stamped piece to the card base
- Add the cut out butterflies to the card front with dimensional adhesive
- Wrap the wired ribbon around the card and secure with glue.
- Add rhinestones and Green ribbon
I just love the way the embossed image peeks out from the two colors of Distress ink!! And, all the butterfly action is so sweet! This will go in my card giving box for someone's birthday.
Well, let's enter a few challenges too!!
Pause, Joy, Dream: use ribbon
Incy Wincy: tic tac toe--I used embossing, anything but a card , and add a tag
Crazy Challenge: no decorative paper
Use your Stuff: collage
Flonz Craft: vintage
613 Avenue: anything goes
Tomorrow, I will have some super cute cards from the Operation Write Home cards! I used a pretty little dress digi--see you later for that!! I hope you have a super day. Love ya.