Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stampsmith RAK's

Hi Everyone,
Today, I have some RAK cards made for the Birthday girls on the Stampsmith Yahoo group. My stock of glossy white CS has dwindle down and I thought I would experiment with different types of papers. On the first card, I stamped the image on a glossy finish marbled paper. I stamped in a dark purple dye ink. This image is from the "Paris" Full Sheet available in the Stampsmith Shop here. I layered on black CS and some purple. The card base is a pattern CS from Anna Griffin.

Here is a detail photo. I am really pleased with the effects of using the photos stamps on the marbled paper. This technique will go on the "use again" list.



On the second card, the image was stamped on white CS with a slightly tough surface. I used black dye ink. This sweet image is from the "Those Were The Days" Full Sheet available in the Stampsmith Shop here. The card base is burgundy textured CS and I layered with DP in brown and pink. I added a sheer pink ribbon tied in a knot.


Let your imagination soar. Try out some papers you think would not work and have fun. I have more of these RAK's which I will continue to post through out the month.
I would also like to enter my RAK card in the following Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything goes
I did It Creations: Monochromatic- the Eiffel tower card- purples.
Have a great day!
Karen

4 comments:

  1. lovely cards thanks for joining us at IDIC this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love them both! Thanks for reminding me to use glossy cs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.