Monday, May 16, 2011

Blockheads Project with Black/White

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT !!!
BLOCKHEAD PAPER ARTS WILL BE HOSTING CHALLENGES ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE.
Stayed tuned for more info!!

Hi and Happy Monday,
Today, I have two cards to share with you. They are both made with stamps from Blockheads Paper Arts. I used the set called Flowers Full Sheet 1. This is what the set looks like.

I received a pack of White and Black Kromekote Glossy CS from Blockheads and thought I would use both to make my cards. On the first card, I stamped the smaller rectangular flowers images with black ink on the White glossy CS.



To color, I colored in the images with watercolor crayons and just smudged a little with my finger. No water involved. I cut the images to size and layered on a piece of the Black glossy CS. I added two more layers of pink and dark rose CS. The card base is made from a light mossy green CS. To make the sentiment piece, stamp on the green CS and cut with Spellbinders die Labels Two. Trim to about 2 inches high. Cut a slit in the top fold of the card and slide the sentiment piece inside. Add a little glue in the inside to hold it in place. The sentiment is also in the stamp set. The second card is sort of an opposite of the first. This time I stamped on the Black Glossy CS with white pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder.
I ran a piece of the Black glossy CS through the Cuttlebug with a Polka Dots embossing folder. Love the results on the glossy paper. I mounted the black pieces on two shades of turquoise CS.


I added the sentiment piece in the same way as the first card except that I used Spellbinders die Labels 8.
I stamped Happy Birthday with Memories Black Ink.


The sentiment is from the Verses-Special Delivery Set.

 Don't forget to check back for more details on the new challenges we will be hosting on Facebook. Have a super day stamping away. (It rhymes. LOL) Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Your first card is just so beautiful in every way!! I love the colors and the design. Your second is so elegant and striking too! I really like what you did with the glossy. It's great how the embossed creates the white on black.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.