Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Masculine Cards

Hi and Happy Saturday,
I have more of the cards I made for my brother. He already came and picked them up and was very pleased with them. He is all set for the rest of the year. He wanted mostly birthday cards. Here are two of the cards which both use stamps from Artistic Outpost. The first card is a birthday card.



I glued three DP's ( DCWV, Provo) to a base of card stock and them cut it with a Spellbinders die. This piece was layered onto more DP (DCWV). I stamped the truck and cut it out. I added some eyelets and twine.

Here is the inside. Yes, I actually have a sentiment stamp that says Happy Birthday Son. The stamp is from My Sentiments Exactly.

The second card is for Father's Day. It also uses an image from Artistic Outpost. The background is made by covering a piece of CS with foil and running it through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder. The color was added with alcohol inks. My buddy, Chris, and I made a bunch of these foil pieces one night.

The image is stamped with VersaFine ink and I added a little color with cotton balls with a little bit of distress ink on them.
I added a sentiment to the inside.






A few challenges for My Brother's batch of cards:



Artistic Outpost Referral Program: May



Creative Craft Challenges: Distress/vintage



Crafty Creations: Anything goes



Our Creative Corner: Monochromatic Neutrals



Have a great weekend!



Karen

6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful male cards! I have to make at least one and don't have the vaguest idea of what to do. Yours are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab use of the AO sets, love the foil BG! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic cards.. love how you did the eyelets on the first card. Terrific use of the foil on the second card. I so must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the fun elements on your cards! The rustic feel is perfect for a masculine look. Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection of cards! They are all beautiful in a manly way! WOW! Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. I hope that we see more of your creative talent in future challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.