Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another Batch of Macsuline Cards

Hi!
I am back again with some more of the masculine cards that I made for my brother. Just to recap: he asked me to make him a year's worth of cards. He likes my cards better than the store bought variety. His is so sweet. Anyways, I made cards for him all last week. Today, I will show you two more of the cards. They are both Birthday cards. Here is the first card.
This card uses a Stampin' Up image that was watercolored. I also used a marker on some areas. I stippled the turquoise(Bermuda Bay) CS with a stamp and several different ink colors. Here is a close up. I also added some metallic ink the edges.
The second card is another of the "metal" backgrounds that I made recently. The foil was wrapped and glued to a piece of CS and run through the Cuttlebug with an Owl embossing folder. Color was added with alcohol inks. The sentiments on this card are from Gina K Designs.

And here is a peek at the inside. Perfect card for a guy.
A few fun challenges for my masculine Birthday Cards;

Corrosive Challenges: Birthdays


Paper Sundaes: Birthdays


Cute Card Thursday: Distressing


Paper Take Weekly: punches or dies


Okay, that's enough for today. Love ya.


Karen

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous male cards Karen.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine cards. I love them both. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card for a guy...love the colour too.

    Thanks for joining us at paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Karen, the first card reminds me of "Hot August Night". It's a car convention held in Reno, NV, every August just before the Balloon Races. The second card is so wonderful and creative. I really like what you did with the owl folder. I need to try that too! I have it and haven't touched it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the old car and that foil paper you embossed is amazing...very clever!!!! THANKS for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog this week!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really beautiful cards Karen! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations - great to have some spare cards!! Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I have such a hard time with guys cards but you did a great job. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.