Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful Mum Card made with Paper Towels

Hi Dreamers!
Really in a Fall mood here in Dreamland!  I am working on a few Thanksgiving cards this week  Today's card is made with Paper Towels.  What??!! Yes!! Here is the story.  I was making some backgrounds and wiped up ink from the Craft Sheet with a couple paper towels.  I was looking at them thinking the colors look really cool.  And, I remembered the Technique making textured paper with toilet paper .  So, out comes this new embossing folder with mums--this one is called "Awesome Blossoms" from Sizzix..  And look how cool this looks.




I rubbed some watercolor crayons over the flowers and leaves.  And, also sponged some green ink on the leaves.  The card base is made from dark wine textured CS.  I added a layer of Lucky Limeade CS (Stampin' Up).



This card only needed a big bow in the corner for embellishments.  Well, now I guess I have to start saving the paper towels.  LOL  But, only if the inky mess looks cool.  LOL




I wanted this to double as a Thanksgiving card for my BFF. I stamped a nice sentiments from Mark's Finest Heinrich and Happy Thanksgiving from Impression Obsession.



And, now, a few fun Challenges for my Paper Towel Mum Thanksgiving card.
Dutch Dare: Thankful
Paper Play: thankful
Stampin Sisters in Christ: thankful
Craft Punked: fall/thanksgiving
Crafty Catz: add texture
Heck of a Challenge: 50 shades of fall

How is your weekend going??  Doing good here.  Let's see, what do I have planned for this week?  A few more Thanksgiving cards, and whatever else I can come up with.  Hey, I used paper towels today. You just never know what will happen here in Dreamland.  Love ya!
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Hah - now that's what I call a happy accident - only not quite an accident, because you had the technique up your sleeve when the accident happened... perfect combination of serendipity, knowhow and creativity. Beautiful end result too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have second Alison's comment...this is such a creative idea! Thank you so much for the tutorial link too, I've never seen anything like it. Your Thanksgiving card turned out sensational!! :)

    Thank you also for joining us at Heck Of a Challenge and Dutch Dare for our challenges.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! I'm always a bit sad to throw those inky paper towels away! Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that's one happy accident! I would never have thought of using paper towel but your card is really an inspiration!

    Thanks for joining us as Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I'm so glad I found your blog (via Artistic Outpost). Love your work! Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I REALLY need to get caught up on blog stalking again! I can see you've been very busy! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Dutch Dare Card Challenge! Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and thanks for joining our texture challenge this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new technique. I have often liked the look on my paper towels. Now I know what to do with them!!! Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' sisters in Christ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.