Friday, November 30, 2018

Cork Stamped Background Card

Hello Crafty Goddesses!
I saved the cork from a bottle of wine and decided to try stamping with it. Stamping with found objects is not a new idea, but I thought this turned out pretty fun.  I made this card with my sis, Sandie.  We were hanging out sitting on the patio and just really enjoying the outdoors and each others company.  Checking out the butterflies and hummingbirds. 
Here is our collaboration: ( Sent the card to Sandie after finishing it up--She loved it!)


The cork was inked right from the ink pad and stamped.  I did not re-ink after stamping, but stamped three times before re-inking. You can see the cork in photo below. 


We added this die cut flower.  I added all the layers, baker's twine,  and it was done.  I will certainly make more of these backgrounds. 


I am thinking of ways to use for Holiday cards....hmmmm.  What do you think? 
Hope you are having a great day.  See you soon!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Great idea and I like the results. AND I do have many wine bottle corks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.