We are experiencing super cold weather here in good old Michigan. The temp is up to 13 degrees F. Brrr. And, there is snow to shovel. I think I will share some vintage cards with you instead of shoveling the snow. I will get to the snow later. Today's projects were made with stamps from Lost Coast Designs. ----My husband is doing the snow shoveling! Yea!
Inks: Mossy, Pewter, and Patina Mixed Media; Faded Jeans Distress; Black
CS: White; Pacific Point - Stampin' Up
Gold Leaf Foil
- Make a card from Pacific Point CS
- On White CS, stamp the Woodgrain background stamp with Mossy ink
- Stamp the hardware elements with three Mixed Media inks and Black die ink
- Distress with Faded Jeans
- Pierce edges of the stamped piece
- Add to the card base
- Use a glue pad to apply glue to the edges
- Press the gold leaf foil into the glue and brush away the excess
Inks: Toffee Crunch, Black, Olive Grove, Rich Cocoa Memento inks
CS: White; Brown; and Green
Versa Mark pad
Clear Embossing Powder
- Make a card from Green CS and layer with Brown
- On White CS, stamp the Woodgrain Background with Toffee Crunch ink
- Stamp the hardware with the Memento inks listed
- Apply the Versa Mark ink to the entire surface
- Add the Clear Embossing Powder and heat set
- Add to card base
- Apply the metallic rubs to the edges
Love that glossy look from the heat embossing. I would use these cards for a masculine birthday. Or just to send to someone special.
I would like to enter my Vintage hardware cards in:
Simon's Monday Challenge: new with the old---I used a new Woodgrain background stamp with two old favorites: gold leafing and heat embossing
Simon's Wednesday: new---I used my new Woodgrain Background stamp
Coming up next in Dreamland: More vintage flowers and Ladies!! See you then!
Stay warm! Love ya.