Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Shabby Chic Butterfly with Blockheads Stamps

Hi Dreamers!
Spent a lot of the weekend working on the yard and garden.  I had three flats of annuals and potted them in pots.  We are having unseasonably hot weather --90 degrees F!!!  So, it was too hot to work outside yesterday.  Instead, I made this Shabby Chic Butterfly card with stamps from Blockheads.
----My studio re-do is completed!  I will share photos of that later.  I still have to fine tune things after working in there yesterday.  I really need to move my inks. Have to come up with a way to have my inks on the desk.----
Here is the butterfly.





Materials List:
Stamps: Painted Butterflies and Feeling Regal both from Blockheads Stamps
Ink: Toffee Crunch Memento
Cardstock: cream, kraft, and med brown
Metal Stickers-Nail Heads/Silver
Cream Twill and lace






Instructions:

  • On the cream CS, stamp the Large Damask (from Feeling Regal set) with Toffee Crunch ink--stamping off once first.
  • Stamp the Butterfly with Toffee Crunch.  
  • Rough up the edges of the CS and distress with Toffee Crunch








  • Add lace, twill, and Nail Head stickers


Inside




  • Stamp the Large Damask image again and repeat roughing up and ink distressing for the inside

I will add a sentiment later when I send the card.  I could add any sentiment to this multi purpose card: birthday, thinking of you, hello, etc.....  I love the monochromatic softness of this color scheme.  The Blockhead's Design Team is really working the Shabby Chic Theme this month on the Design Blog here.  Check out all the good stuff!   

I will be back later today or tomorrow with the photos of my room.  Stay creative!  LOL  See you then.  Love ya.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card Karen would you send some of your lovely weather here as we don't seem to be getting much sunshine or heat for that matter ....nice to know also that you have done lots of planting take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Karen! Your right this is a delightful card for any occasion. Can't wait to see your new work space. Hopefully I will be able to do some gardening now, had the flu for the long weekend. Love to see your card - hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.