Tuesday, May 7, 2013

CAS Lamp Post Card with Blockheads Stamps

Hi Dreamers!
I am back--the busy-ness continues.  I am tearing apart my studio ---again!  I have a new desk with hutch (I have to assemble this piece) and a new bookcase ( I will pick that up on Thursday).  So, as you can image things are in a great big mess right now.  I had to get some projects ready for Card Ministry yesterday.  I will share those with you tomorrow.  But, today is Blockheads' day!  I had lots of stamps out and was playing with ink combos.  And, as a result, I came up with this CAS card.    I love the effect you get by layering shades of Distress Inks!






Materials List:
Stamps: Architecture Half Sheet--Blockheads Stamps
Inks: Forest Moss and Crushed Olive Distress Inks --Ranger
CS: Cream and Medium Olive







Instructions:

  • Stamp the Alphabet stamp with Crushed Olive Distress Ink on Cream CS.
  • Stamp the Lamp Post with Forest Moss Distress Ink
  • Layer onto a Medium Olive CS card

Inside





  • On the inside: Stamp the Alphabet two times on a separate piece of Cream CS; cut out the letters to spell "Hello". 
  • Stamp the lamp post


Detail of Inside




Check out the projects from the rest of the Blockheads' Design team on the Design blog.   So, I had better get going.  My to-do list for today is really long!!  Yikes!  I hope you are having a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stamping... the alphabet stamps are delicious, and I love the composition of the Hello piece - so simple, yet so strong and effective!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.