Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dragonfly Border with Blockheads

Hi Dreamers,
I made this birthday card for my friend Sharon's  Mother's 80th birthday.  I used the border stamp from the Inspired by Nature set.



Materials list:
Stamps:
Inspired by Nature
Verses-Feel Better
Ink: 
Black Pigment Color Box Ink
Clear Embossing Powder-Ranger
Markers: 
Memento-Angel Pink, Summer Sky
Adirondack-Wild Plum, Pesto, Butterscotch
CS:
 Double sided 2 tone Lav and Purple, Purple, Green
Household Bleach
Sponge Brush



On the 2 tone CS, swipe a brush dipped in household bleach.  This CS turned to the color that was on the back side-a light lavender.  If you have some of this 2 tone CS try this.....it is such fun!!  On the bleached area, stamp the border stamp with Black pigment ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  I colored in the images with markers in bright colors.  Add layers of purple and green CS.




I added sheer ribbon and ric rac for embellishments.  I stamped the border again and the birthday sentiments from the Verse-Feel Better set on the inside.  



Sharon collected over 100 cards from friends and relatives for her Mom's  (Kay) birthday.  The coal was 80 cards.  Kay was pleased as punch with all her cards!  Hope you are having a great day.  Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.