Wednesday, August 10, 2011

By the Sea Shore: Memories

Hi Everyone!
I received some new Design Team stamps from Estelle at The Stampsmith last week.  Oh boy, am I loving it!!  My project today uses one of the images from the Flapper # 3 Full Sheet.  Take a look at all the lovelies in this set.


I have used the bathing beauty for my project.  I was thinking that I wanted my card to look more like a scrapbook page.   I thought this image was just great for a beachy theme.  I used blues and soft browns.


The blue CS is from Stampin' Up and the Tan is from Bazzill.  I stamped the image with black dye ink on glossy white CS.  I layered the image with black CS.  I stamped a Sand Castle (Inkadinkado) in the background on blue CS with Basic Gray ink (SU).  The shells (SU) were stamped on the tan CS with Basic Gray ink.  Tip: I used a textured Tan  CS for one of the layers.  I also wanted to tie the shells in with this CS.  But, stamping on textured CS does not always produce a good image.  My solutions was to flip the CS over and use the smooth back side.  My images turned out great.  Just a little tip from your Auntie Karen. LOL  




To the stamped shells, I added some Blush Blossom ink (SU).  I wanted them to have that pinky color that real shells have.  On the scallop shell, I drew along the lines with a pink marker.  the blue on one of the shells is Faded Jeans Distress Stain.  I added a polka dot ribbon.  And here is a peek at the inside.




Pop over to the Stampsmith Design blog and check out more Stampsmith inspiration.  And, there is still time to enter the Stampsmith Color Challenge.  The Challenge colors are: Teal and Yellow.  Have a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen
    Great minds think alike, both of us posting on The SS Blog this Wednesday!!!
    Well you know I have this sheet because I used this belle for your challenge didn't I of Teal & Yellow.
    A beautiful plate of images.
    I need to be patient as my stamps will take a bit longer in arriving in Scotland.
    Looking forward to your artwork using the other new stamps.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.