Thursday, March 25, 2010

Working on My Easter Cards

Hi Everyone,
The Operation Write Home Blog Hop was so fun. There were over 80 participants. I enjoyed looking at all the pretty cards. Now, this week I have been working on getting my Easter cards done. I will send these out to friends and family. I have to make about 20 cards. I have a few done and thought I would share some of them with you. I used the same layout for about 6 cards and I will share the different color ways I used over the next few days. Here is one of the cards.

I am still using my frame theme thing. I keep finding more ways to use the frames. The cross is a stamp from Obsession Impression. I used two coordinating decorative papers. One for the frame and one for behind the frame. I tied a sheer wide ribbon around the card. Don't throw out the left overs from the die cutting. I used them on the inside of the card.


Trim the left overs so that all the edges are the same width. Add a piece of decorative paper behind the frame.
On another card I used a length of the same wide sheer ribbon and gathered one long edge and pulled the thread to create a ruffle. Take a few stitches to hold the two short ends together. Just like the tulle flower on the earlier post. I used a different layout for this card, but the same stamp was used. I just love this minty green blue color.


Well, that's about all for now. I will post more of the Easter cards in a few days. Happy stamping and have a super day!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.