Monday, March 28, 2022

Fancy Wedding Cake with Pieced Background

 Hello Friends,

Back with another set of cards that have a pieced background.

The background was created by cutting strips of decorative paper and laying them down on an adhesive sheet.  The backgrounds were then cut to size.  I had fun with this background technique and made a lot of cards using them.  I was also able to use up lots of my decorative paper scraps. 

The focal point on this card is a wedding/birthday cake. 

Stamps and Die cut set: Happy Birthday to You from Stampin' Up

Colored with Copic markers



Since this is a wedding cake, I added lots of tulle.  





The second card is for a birthday. I die cut the sprays from silver paper and tucked in around the flowers. 



Post number three of my pieced backgrounds is up next time.  Hope you stop by to see what the next cards look like.  Give this background technique a try. It is quite easy and has lots of possibilities. 

See you next time

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning are both your cards Karen and the design I really like loving the lace too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.