Saturday, May 4, 2019

Napkins - On My Cards! Part One

Hello Everyone!
I made more of my napkin cards recently.  The napkin cards a very popular on Pinterest and are pinned all the time.  So, I thought I would post a few more.
The background and layered pieces are all made from napkins.  I am sure you have beautiful napkins at home.  I will even buy them if they are so pretty I can't resist.  LOL



I have an older post that explains the process here.  Hot wax is used over the napkins.  Very messy, but stunning results.

The cards a square and measure 5.5 inches.

I layered some of the sections: the bird and a few of the flowers.

You can see the wax fairly well in the photo below.  Really gives an interesting shinny texture to the background.





Here is a second card.  Again, I layered the bird, leaves, and butterfly for interest.






A really fun technique to try sometime.  If you try it, make a lot of these, because, as I said it is messy.  So, make up a large supply of them to keep you stocked up for a while.
Thanks for stopping by.  I will share more of the napkin cards in the next post.
Karen

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.